Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Busy, Busy, Busy!

Hi All!

I can't believe it has been so long since I have posted.  As you can imagine, things have gotten so hectic.  Since I have last posted, I had my very last SCHAP meeting.  Since Brittany Benavides (my partner) and I live in LA, we Skype in on the Wednesday night meetings.  I am getting so, so excited.

I figured I would give you guys a travel overview.
-I leave July 9th from LAX at 9:45 am.  We fly straight to Dubai.  We have a three hour layover in Dubai.  I wish I had enough time to see Ibrahim and Hanan.  Ibrahim is one of Bubba's oldest friends.  He married the most wonderful and beautiful woman.  They are such a great couple and I always enjoy seeing them...but, I guess I'll have to make another trip ;)
-From Dubai, we fly straight to Nairobi Jomo Yenyatta International Airport.  We arrive July 10th around 7 that night.  My flight buddies and I are all staying in a hostel in Nairobi for the night.  The next morning we are are taking a bus from Nairobi to Matoso, which is anywhere from 5-9 hours.
-We arrive in Matoso, where we will be staying for the rest of the time in Kenya, late that night.  Luckily, we are the last group to be arriving in the village and all of the tents and camp will be set up!

I can't believe that we will be traveling for 70 hours straight.  It is going to be such a LONG journey.  But it will definitely be worth it!  I can't wait to journal my thoughts before landing.  I think it will be great to jot down my feelings because I know once I am there, everything will change!

Love to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment