Friday, July 8, 2011

Saying Bye!

Hi All!

I can't believe that I am already saying goodbye to people!  It doesn't seem like I am leaving tomorrow.  I don't really know what I am supposed to expect.  If it is just excitement, well, I guess I am ready! 

We had a little farewell BBQ at the house on Tuesday night.  It was awesome.  Mom was cooking all day -- and you know she always impresses with her cooking.  We had delicious teriyaki chicken that Bubba bbq'd for us (mom made a delicious marinade), pasta salad, a pear, goat cheese, spinach salad, and asparagus.  Oh and mom made frozen chocolate covered bananas for dessert.

It was such a great time.  Grandma and Grandpa came out.  Then Cathy Teoh, Alicia Gonzalez, Erin Fahey and Kev joined.  It was great to be with everyone before I left!  It really meant the world to me that everyone came!

I spent all day Wednesday packing...and later that night Kev and I were supposed to go celebrate our anniversary...but Bubba got us Dodger tickets!  It was so much fun.  Christy, Bubba, Kev, and I had such a blast watching the Boys in Blue.  Matt Henderson was a surprise visitor at the game.

So, last night Kev and I went to dinner for our anniversary.  We went to this great restaurant called Wilshire.  I wish I took more pictures.  The ambiance was perfect.  Our waiter was not very attentive...but, it worked out for the better!  We had a nice long dinner.  Thanks again for taking me out! :)

This is the beast that I ordered.  I did not expect it to be this big.  But it was DELICIOUS!  I would post the "after" shot from when it was finished...but it looks too gross :)

I still have so much to do...so I should probably stop blogging.  So this is my farewell to you all!  My next update will be from Kenya!

Love to you all!

4 comments:

  1. hey vik, just read your last few updates - i can't believe it is a 70 hour trip, but as you said it will be worth it! i'm glad you aren't going for too long though and that we'll be reunited again at the end of August! have an awesome time, BE SAFE AND SMART, and bring home a few cute little babies for us hahaha jk. keep the posts coming and email whenever you can. missing you and love from ecuador. xoxoxo jacs

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like Jacs sqays be safe and smart I love you and enjoy your trip

    ReplyDelete