Sunday, July 17, 2011

Hi All!
It is hard for me to update my blog because of bandwith (I think thats
how you spell it)  so my mom has kindly been copy and pasting my
posts!
But the past 48 hours have been really weird!  A girl in our group
named Caitlin has malaria.  I have never seen someone so sick in my
life -- violent convulsions, fever, vomitting, the works.  They just
took her to the hospital five minutes ago.  Then 7 of our 20 teammates
have some sort of bug, myself included.  It has been really bad.  We
were all up at 3 in the morning running to the latrine.  Our poor
buckets ;)
Despite the sickness, it has been really great to see our group and
the community come together.  Some teammates were up digging holes for
us in the middle of the night, getting us water, and just keeping
everyone as comfortable as possible.  Since there are so many of us,
it is sort of funny.  Everyone knows that misery loves company.
The doctor in the village heard we were sick and brought us medicine
on his day off, for free. (He was also checking on Caitlin) That would
never happen in the US!  It has really been a great bonding experience
for us all.
I hope you are all doing well!
Love to you all!

1 comment: